Featured Post

Personal Childhood Web

I want you all to know a little bit about my family. They are the ones who influenced, loved and nurtured me into who I am today. They are p...

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

When I Think of Child Development-My Favorite Quotes about Children

When I Think of Child Development-
My Favorite Quotes about Children

"A person's a person, no matter how small." 
  — Dr. Seuss




I love this quote because it is the perfect reminder that children and their feelings are important. Sometimes we forget that whatever they are doing or saying is important to them even if it does not seem that important to us. We need to take the time to listen and to validate what they are saying and feeling instead of being dismissive. 


"There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children." 
  — Nelson Mandela, Former President of South Africa                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Nelson Mandela has said many wonderful and insightful things. This speaks volumes to me. This is my reminder to do more to be a part of positive social change. 





















                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  References


  

 Seuss,Dr. Horton Hears A Who (1954). New York: Random House.
  




 http://www.nelsonmandelachildrensfund.com/news/nelson-mandela-quotes-about-children

                                                                                                                                                                                




































1 comment:

  1. Trish,

    I just want to thank you for your discussion and blog posts. I truly learned a lot for you and I hope we have more classes together. I wish you nothing but the best throughout your journey!

    Deaja

    ReplyDelete